Thank you for choosing Strand & Stripes for your stunning Semi-Permanent Mink Eyelash Extensions. To ensure that they stay in beautiful condition, lasting as long as possible, you are advised to follow the aftercare instructions.
For the first 24 hours:
- Avoid getting the lashes wet to allow the glue to completely dry, when washing your face use a face cloth or muslin cloth
For the first 48 hours:
- Do not wash eyes or lashes with hot water in the shower or bath, steam the face and avoid swimming, jacuzzi or steam bath/sauna.
Managing your lashes:
- Be gentle with your new lashes; do not rub eyelashes when removing make-up and washing your face as this can loosen the bonds. Before washing your face take two cotton pads, add oil free make-up remover and place on top of closed eyes adding gentle pressure which will gently remove all make-up from eye area. Always pat your eyelashes extensions dry and comb through afterwards.
- Do keep the eye area clean. Some ladies love their lashes so much they don’t even want to get them wet at all. Avoiding proper hygiene can result in an eye infection whether wearing eyelash extensions or not
- Resist the temptation to pull, pick or twist eyelashes, gently combing lashes daily with comb that is given to you after each appointment to maintain a good appearance.
- Do not cover the eyelash area as it may cause eyelashes to curl, break or overlap each other. If you are required to cover your lashes for any reason please speak to us and we will advise.
- Avoid wearing mascara as this will lessen the life of your extensions but for occasional use if necessary us oil free/water based mascara/clear mascara. Only apply to the ends of lashes, not on adhesive area as this will weaken the bonding. If you feel you have eye shadow fall out on the back of your eyelashes use clear mascara and brush downwards to remove.
- Do not use eye make-up remover that contain oil, petroleum and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG).
- Use eye creams, moisturisers, cleanser and toners sparingly around your eyes avoiding the lash area
- Avoid kohl pencil eyeliners as they are usually contain more oil and are more difficult to remove amongst the eyelash extensions. Alternatively you could use a gel or felt tip eyeliner
- Do not curl or perm eyelashes – if you feel you want more of a curl on your lashes speak to us and we will tailor this in your maintenance appointment.
- If one eye appears to be more sparse than the other, it may be that you sleep on a particular side, don’t worry this is normal and we even your lashes when you return
Our golden rule for wearing eyelash extensions is the less you touch them the longer they will last. However, it is important to keep the eye area clean.
You natural lash cycle is between 4-6 weeks and you will lose between 2-5 lashes per day, prior to having eyelash extensions you may not have noticed this. It is likely that you will now be more aware of your eyelash extensions falling out, you may notice one your natural eyelash is attached to your eyelash extension, and this is completely normal and is exactly what is supposed to happen.
Maintenance appointments are required every 3-4 weeks to ensure the full and beautiful look. By this time, the premature lashes will have now grown into healthy lashes for you to attach the new extensions to. This cycle will repeat itself month after month so there will always be a constant supply of healthy lashes to apply new extensions to.
Never attempt to remove lashes by pulling them out. Always return to Strand & Stripes for correct and safe removal to avoid damage to your natural lashes!